Summary of The Day: Travel 180 meters underground and let yourself be amazed by a world-class Colombian wonder: a majestic cathedral built inside the depths of the biggest salt rock reserve on earth. Zipaquira Salt Cathedral deserves every piece of its fame. It's a place where the mysticism of Muiscas, Catholic symbology and engineering power have come together in one place to guide its visitors on a magical tour through tunnels and vaults of impressive sizes.
This splendid work of engineering and art was opened to the public in 1995. On this tour you will enter an old salt mine that was adapted to become a cathedral. Here, the materials found underground have been manipulated by artists and sculptors, and with some help of amazing lighting effects, those things have given birth to an original interpretation of Catholic symbols. Learn from an expert guide about this process and the symbology behind the works of art you will see along the tour.
Upon exiting, we will head to the colonial village of Zipaquira. We will walk through the main square, which is surrounded by several buildings that are declared national monuments. We will have time to taste the delicious baked goods of the region and we will have a stop at the local handicraft market.
This tour is available in the morning and afternoon.
The morning pick-up time is at 8:30am and drop-off is at 1:30pm
The afternoon pick-up time is at 2:00pm and drop-off is at 7:00pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per order.
* Book for a party of 5 or more and get a reduced rate.
* Adult: $110.00 per person for groups of 2-4 guests; $87.00 per person for groups of 5-10 guests
* Children's rate for under 3 years is 50% of adult rate. If there are children under 3 joining the tour, please state the child's birth date in the "Reservation Request" box during booking and contact our customer service team to adjust price for you.
* This tour requires minimum 2 guests to operate.
Private transportation from and to your hotel in Bogotá area
Expert guide in the language of your preference (Spanish, English, Portuguese, Italian, French)
The order of the tour can be modified due to weather conditions.
Dress code: Smart Casual
Please bring a copy of your passport.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.