Summary of The Day: While the Yarra Valley is a world-renowned wine growing region, wine is only half the story of this gourmet wonderland and our tour provides a fine blend of the very best of the region's wines and other gourmet produce.
We start the day with an exclusive farm gate visit at Wild About Fruit, for a palate-cleansing fruit experience. At this boutique third-generation orchard we sample a range of freshly made juices and learn about the patented leading-edge technology that creates each glass of goodness. We will also sample and learn about the wide range of farm-fresh apples grown on the property.
Next we travel to one of the valley's true icons, De Bortoli Wines where we'll enjoy a tasting from their extensive range of quality wines. We'll learn how to swirl, sniff and slurp like true connoisseurs, while tasting some of the very finest cool climate wines.
The amazing produce at the Coldstream Dairy will truly melt in your mouth. In an exclusive presentation we'll learn a little about cheese-making while sampling the freshly made cheeses, and will also taste a wide range of other artisan Yarra Valley produce including chutneys, relishes, jams & oils.
Our lunch is at the fabulous Rochford Wines where our guests will enjoy three courses in one with an exclusive "made to order" tasting experience. Three wines will also be paired with the guests' selection for lunch. We have worked with Rochford's remarkable team to create a unique dining experience for our guests.
The true epicurean heart of the Yarra Valley region is the town of Healesville. After lunch we'll take some time to explore its finest gourmet gems including Yarra Valley Pasta and the delightful Kitchen Butcher. Those with a sweet tooth will truly salivate over the handmade goodies at Crumbs Gourmet Biscuits and the inimitable Kennedy & Wilson Chocolates, as served in Qantas First Class. Perhaps enjoy another wine tasting at Giant Steps Winery.
Before returning to Melbourne, we visit the premium Coombe - The Melba Estate for another sampling of the cool-climate wines produced in this region.
You will commence the journey home knowing that they have truly enjoyed the very best that the Yarra Valley has to offer.
Pickup: Besides the Central Departure Point at Rendezvous Hotel (328 Flinders St, Melbourne) at 8:50am, we can also supply complimentary pickup service from the major hotels in Melbourne city from 8:00am. The actual pick up time depends upon the specific pick up location.
Drop off: Return to hotels approximately at 5:30pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 0-15 years old
* Maximum pax per vehicle: 24
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Hotel pickup and deluxe coach transfers with commentary
Farm gate visit with seasonal fruit & juice tastings at Yarra Farm Fresh
Wine tasting at De Bortoli Winery
Gourmet cheese & other produce tastings at Yarra Valley Dairy
Exclusive tasting platter lunch at Rochford Wines
Chocolate tasting at Yarra Valley Chocolaterie
Wine tasting at Coombe - The Melba Estate
Lunch - three course tasting platter matched with three wines at Rochford Wines restaurant
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.