Summary of The Day: Our first stop is Coyoacan. Hernan Cortes colonized the area and it became one of the conquistador's first settlements. In Coyoacan, you can find the National Arts Center, the National School of Music, the National School of Restoration, and the Ciudad Universitaria UNAM (National Autonomous University of Mexico).
We will stop at UNAM to explore its unique architecture. The first buildings were designed in the fifties and incorporate the work of various architects and Mexican artists such as Diego Rivera, Juan O'Gorman, Siqueiros, and Mario Pani. The university has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site because of the artistic collaboration that went into its construction.
Later in our trip we will visit Jardin Hidalgo, the center of Coyoacan. We will tour the area while our guide provides interesting information about its history and culture.
Our next stop will be the Frida Kahlo Museum, also known as the La Casa Azul or the Blue House. You will have free time to wander through the museum and learn about Kahlo's life and art.
We'll continue our journey south of the city at Xochimilco, commonly known as the Place of Flowers. This is a place of recreation and relaxation for both residents and tourists. Here we will travel in a punt (boat) through channels surrounded by the famous chinampas, also known as floating gardens. During our ride on the punt, we'll have the opportunity to taste traditional Mexican dishes and drinks. Our journey will also be accompanied by live Mexican music that is often played in celebration.
Pick up time for hotels in metropolitan zone: 7:30am.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.