Summary of The Day: Wittenberg, unquestionably a place of world-historical significance and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is gearing up for the 500th anniversary of the start of the Reformation in 2017.
Join us for a day trip to this pretty little town with its medieval churches and Renaissance town hall, just over an hour’s train ride from Berlin. We’ll show you the church door to which Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses in 1517, an act widely seen as having launched the Reformation, and St. Mary’s church, where he preached more than 2,000 times.
Our guide will take you on a private tour through Luther House, a museum of world famous artifacts and the Lutherstube, the perfectly preserved room where he entertained his guests. You’ll also have a chance to stroll through the town center, perhaps visit a museum or sit down for lunch and a good German beer before heading back to Berlin.
Train fare and Luther House entrance fees are included in the display price.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person for participants aged 26 and above.
* Participants aged 25 and below are not permitted.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
This tour departs at 9:30am from the Hackescher Markt (Outside the Weihenstephaner restaurant), Neue Promenade 5, 10178 Berlin, Germany.
Please arrive 15 minutes early and bring a copy of your reservation.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.