Summary of The Day: Get ready for an action packed day trip from Launceston to explore Tasmania's stunning East Coast!
Our first stop today is in the pretty township of Ross, which is filled with old-world charm, convict history, and the famous local bakery that inspired the Hayoi Miyazaki film "Kiki's Delivery Service," Kiki’s Kitchen, for you to explore on our morning stop.
Next we'll cross into the East Coast and enter Freycinet National Park, a coastal National Park of pink granite mountains, turquoise waters, secluded bays and beaches and sparkling white sand. We'll have a short stop as we enter the park at Freycinet Marine Farm where you have an opportunity to buy some fresh oysters along the way.
Then we'll enjoy a lively walk to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, an easy but uphill walk of around 45 - 60 minutes, complete with stunning views that are well worth the effort! For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass beach (2.5 hr return walking time). Once on the beach you'll free time to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then you can explore other areas of Freycinet with our tour guide to visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, and Cape Tourville Lighthouse.
We'll re-group ready for the return journey to Launceston. Along the way we'll make a final stop at the Devils Corner Winery. This new attraction on the East Coast has amazing views, gelato, fresh seafood including oysters, and of course wine tasting. We'll make time for a stop here to take it all in before commencing the final drive back into Launceston.
We'll return to Launceston around 6.30 - 7:00pm.
Airport drop offs to Launceston Airport are possible on request and it is also possible to add a bus connection to arrive to Hobart at the end of the day. Please inquire with our staff.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
What to Bring
Sensible shoes for walking
A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
Hat & Sunscreen
Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
Sense of adventure!
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.