Summary of The Day: This is a HUGE day out visiting Tasmania’s East Coast along the Great Eastern Drive. With its stunning setting it is no surprise that Wineglass Bay has been voted many times among the top 10 beaches of the world.
We'll depart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. We'll travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its rich and stunning coastal landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and amazing walking trails.
As we enter the Freycinet area we'll make a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters fresh from the surrounding pristine waters.
We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, an easy but uphill walk of around 45 - 60 minutes. Here the views make the walk well worth the effort! For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass beach (2.5 hr return walking time). Once on the beach you have time to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then you can explore other areas of Freycinet with our tour guide. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville lighthouse & great short walk. After a very full 4 – 5 hours at Freycinet National Park we begin the trip back to Hobart.
Last but certainly not least we stop at Kate's Berry Farm where Kate is serving up absolutely delicious Berry Ice-creams and other sweet delights such as jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies.
We return to your Hobart CBD accommodation around 6:30pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
What to Bring
Sensible shoes for walking
A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
Hat & Sunscreen
Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
Sense of adventure
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.