Summary of The Day: Tasting is offered in a traditional Enoteca (Wine Bar) located in the eighteenth century Palazzetto Giangiacomo, in the heart of Rome. It is a family run wine bar that starter as a wine-shop over fifty years ago and was transformed into its present status by the third generation. The Wine Bar shelves are lined with carefully selected bottles produced by prestigious and emerging wineries. An inviting selection of regional cheeses, premium salami and hams, smoked fish and a choice of hot homemade dishes complement the wine. Customer will learn how to drink and taste the wine, the differences between colors and perfumes, and introduction about the area where the wines are produced will be given in English.
The creation of a perfect paring between food and wine in examples:
- a glass of Bellone, a forgotten antique local white grape variety paired with Rome's ricotta (ricotta romano), a rich and flavorful by-product of pecorino romano
- a glass of Frascati Superiore, the white wine associated with Rome, from the vineyards visible from the periphery of the Eternal town paired with pecorino Romano,a typical salty hard cheese from Lazio
- a glass of Nero Buona, a traditional, antique variety of red grapes, cultivated in the hills of Cori, combined with coppiette, roman beef jerky, flavorful and spicy or porchetta, a spit-roasted pig stuffed with wild herbs.
These menus offered are only examples of the quality of the products, which can be changed with seasonal food.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* You must be at least 18 years old to join the tour.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
A glass of Bellone, a forgotten indigenous local white wine
Cheese tastings: Roman ricotta and Pecorino Romano
A glass of Frascati Superiore (white wine) matched with Pecorino Romano, an Italian salty hard cheese
A glass of Nero Buona, a traditional indigenous variety of red wine whose grapes are cultivated in the hills of Cori
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.