Summary of The Day: Tasting is offered in a traditional Enoteca (Wine Bar) located in the eighteenth century Palazzetto Giangiacomo, in the heart of Rome. It is a family run wine bar that starter as a wine-shop over fifty years ago and was transformed into its present status by the third generation. The Wine Bar shelves are lined with carefully selected bottles produced by prestigious and emerging wineries. An inviting selection of regional cheeses, premium salami and hams, smoked fish and a choice of hot homemade dishes complement the wine. Customer will learn how to drink and taste the wine, the differences between colors and perfumes, and introduction about the area where the wines are produced will be given in English.
The creation of a perfect paring between food and wine in examples:
- a glass of Bellone, a forgotten antique local white grape variety paired with Rome's ricotta (ricotta romano), a rich and flavorful by-product of pecorino romano
- a glass of Frascati Superiore, the white wine associated with Rome, from the vineyards visible from the periphery of the Eternal town paired with pecorino Romano,a typical salty hard cheese from Lazio
- a glass of Nero Buona, a traditional, antique variety of red grapes, cultivated in the hills of Cori, combined with coppiette, roman beef jerky, flavorful and spicy or porchetta, a spit-roasted pig stuffed with wild herbs.
These menus offered are only examples of the quality of the products, which can be changed with seasonal food.
* You must be at least 18 years old to join the tour.|
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.