Summary of The Day: Rich in geological history and cultural significance, Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek form part of the ancient Devonian reef system. Towering gorge walls rise up to majestic heights that will overwhelm while beautiful cave formations will astonish any visitor to this outback wilderness.
Departing from Broome, we'll first head to Fitzroy River, one of the Kimberley region's most significant and iconic waterways. Next we'll see the Prison Boab Tree - a relic of a bygone era.
Afterwards, we'll take a break and enjoy morning tea. Then, we'll head to the highlight of today: Windjana Gorge National Park. Enjoy a walk through this lovely wild area and see the primeval fossils preserved in teh gorge walls. Keep your camera read - you're like to see native birds, fruit bats, and even some freshwater crocodiles!
We'll enjoy a delicious picnic lunch before heading out to Tunnel Creek - which forms Western Australia's oldest cave system and flows through a water worn tunnel beneath the limestone of the Napier Range. Hear the story of the Aboriginal leader, Jandamarra, who fought against colonization here as we take a guided walking through Tunnel Creek.
On our way back to Broome we'll enjoy afternoon tea and an evening meal stop (own expense).
Tour departs at 7:00am and returns at 10:00pm approximately.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Children younger than 4 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
There is opportunity to swim so we suggest you bring bathers, sunscreen and a towel.
Access into Tunnel Creek requires a good level of fitness, agility on uneven ground and walking through knee to thigh high water. Sturdy strap on sandals and shorts are recommended.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.