Summary of The Day: Our Sydney Rocks walking tour is called ‘When Rum Ran The Rocks,’ beginning at Circular Quay and exploring the beautiful area with the help of our friendly and knowledgeable local guide. This tour teaches you all about the convicts, alcohol, settlers and crime that happened way back when, entirely immersing you in a different era.
Wind your way through the back alleyways, up the steps and back in time to uncover the stories and people who shaped this fledgling colony. Hear all about Sydney’s oldest pubs, the first breweries, amazing convict tales, and a rebellion over the most precious drink of all… rum!
As Australia’s first neighbourhood, the Rocks was literally cut from the sandstone cliffs that rise above Sydney Harbour. On this Sydney walking tour, we’ll carve out a narrative of this neighbourhood’s history, starting with the convicts that were forced to settle here and their amazing tales of survival and entrepreneurship.
We will navigate down some mysterious alleyways, once scary and seedy but now offering nothing but interesting photo ops and great stories. Dive deep into the areas that are off the beaten path. The tour includes rum tastings plus a couple other drinks. The guides of our walking tours will be able to tell you all about some interesting colonial characters before taking you back to where we started with excellent recommendations on where to kick on or get some dinner. We then also one of Australia’s most fascinating archaeological sites before saying farewell to what is sure to be the best historical tour you’ve ever been on.
* Adult: 13 - 59 years of age|
* Child: 2 - 12 years of age
* Senior/Concession: 60 or older
* Travelers under 18 years olds must be with a parent or guardian. Photo ID may be requested by your guide.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.