Summary of The Day: The whale sharks come to the waters surrounding Isla Mujeres, Contoy and Holbox to feed on plankton where the Caribbean Sea meets the Gulf of Mexico. You will have the remarkable opportunity to swim and snorkel with the gentle giant, in an area teaming with sea life.
All our boats have a limit of 10 people. You will have a certificated and professional guide. He/She is a naturalist and biologist and knows everything about the area and the whale sharks!
Pick-up at your hotel in Cancun (6:00am Playa del Carmen and 5:00am Tulum).
We will have an informative briefing at Marina la Amada now named V & V. Our certified guides will provide you with interesting information about the whale sharks and the area’s ecosystems. During the briefing there will be coffee, juice, fruit and granola bars present.
We depart from Marina V & V, to the whale shark reserve in the waters of Isla Contoy. Once we find them, you will have the unique opportunity to snorkel with the biggest fish in the world.
Lunch time on the boat just off the coast of Isla Mujeres, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world (Condé Nast 2013) where you can go down to swim in the turquoise waters.
We arrive at the marina’s pier, where our comfortable vans will be waiting for you to return you to your hotel.
Expected arrival back at your hotel in Cancun (3:00pm Playa del Carmen and 4:00pm Tulum).
If you are in Tulum area we will pick you at our meeting point which is the “San Francisco de Asis” Supermarket, we suggest that you pre order your cab/taxi the night before in order to arrive on time to “San Francisco de Asis” Supermarket, where we pick you up to take you to the marina, the cost of the cab/taxi is on your own, the tour does not include that cab/taxi service.
If you are vegetarian or allergic to something please let us know when making your reservation.
It is important to know that we cannot control nature, so we can NOT guarantee the snorkeling with the whale sharks nor the sightings. The whale sharks come to the waters near Cancun to feed on plankton, but when there is no/not much plankton there are no/a few whale sharks. We recommend to make your reservation between mid-June to August since there is a higher possibility to see whale sharks.
We recommend bringing:
- Swimsuit and towel:
- Long sleeve cotton shirt:
- Comfortable, fresh clothes and shoes:
- Hat and sunglasses:
- Wetsuit if you have:
- Impermeable jacket:
- Hygienic personal stuff:
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
My sister and I just snorkelled with the whale sharks in Cancun, Mexico and it was amazing! The whale shark is a breautiful, kind and unique animal and being able to swim next to it was truly a blessing! Tours4fun' whale shark tour is a onc...e in a lifetime experience!! The service was excellent throughout the tour; the staff and guides were professional and friendly and the ceviche was delicious! If we add all that to the fantastic experience of snorkeling with whale sharks, we get a highly recommended activity. A piece of advice, take something for sea sickness so you can fully enjoy the tour.Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.