Summary of The Day: On an Alaska Marine Wildlife Tour you can explore the amazing abundance of marine life found in Sitka Sound. Humpback Whales feed in the waters of Sitka Sound from early spring all the way through late fall when they head to Hawaii. In spring and early summer you may also catch A Grey Whale as they feed along the coast on their migration from Baja to the Bearing Sea. Sea Otters are so numerous and common that sightings are almost guaranteed. Tufted Puffins and thousands of other seabirds nest in the rocky cliffs that surround Sitka Sound. All of these things provide a wealth of wildlife to watch on this 2 hour tour of Alaska's marine wildlife. We would call it a whale watching tour because whales are the primary focus but it is really so much more than that with the great variety of life and beautiful scenery.
Small tour groups will ensure an intimate nature experience. Your guide is an experienced boat captain with extensive knowledge about the marine wildlife found in Sitka Sound.
We suggest that you bring a camera with a telephoto lens for getting the best pictures and if you have a favorite pair of binoculars they come in handy as well. Your guide will also have binoculars that he will share if you don't have your own.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.