Summary of The Day: Westminster Abbey is one of the world's greatest churches, with a history stretching back over a thousand years and an essential part of any trip to London.
An architectural masterpiece of the 13th to 16th centuries, Westminster Abbey presents a unique pageant of British history - the shrine of St Edward the Confessor, the tombs of kings and queens, and countless memorials to the famous and the great. It has been the setting for every Coronation since 1066 and for numerous other royal occasions, including sixteen royal weddings. Today it is still a church dedicated to regular worship and to the celebration of great events in the life of the nation.
Every year Westminster Abbey welcomes over one million visitors who want to explore this 700-year-old building. Thousands more join us for worship at our daily services.
Westminster Abbey is usually open to visitors from Monday to Saturday, 9:30am to 3:30pm, throughout the year. On Sundays and religious holidays such as Easter and Christmas, the Abbey is open for worship only. All are welcome and it is free to attend services.
Your printed e-ticket can be used to enter the Abbey directly via the North Door (on the date of the ticket; subject to opening times).
Westminster Abbey is a fully working church and subject to closures at short notice. Please check the Westminster Abbey hours before booking a ticket.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 17 and older
* Child: 6-16 years of age
* Admission is free for children below the age of 6.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please note that the Abbey museum will close on October 31, and will reopen as the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries in 2018.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.