Please note that order of day-to-day itinerary is adjustable depending on tour start day.
Washington, DC - Gettysburg - Washington, DC
Summary of The Day: Travel through the picturesque countryside to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and Charlottesville, VA.; two towns steeped in history. Spend a day devoted to a tour of the town of Gettysburg and its historic battlefield, and another day visiting the home of Thomas Jefferson.
Your Gettysburg tour begins with a living history presentation from the perspective of the regular citizens at the Shriver House Museum. You will see the long-lasting impact that battle had on the town.
Visit Gettysburg's new Visitor Center. View the 22-minute introductory film, narrated by Morgan Freeman, and visit the cyclorama, a unique experience featuring a 360-degree painting of the battle's third day, narrated by Marcia Gay Harden. The Visitor Center also has a comprehensive museum that explores the time leading up to the battle of Gettysburg, the battle itself, and the long-lasting effects on the town of Gettysburg long after the war concluded in 1865.
The trip concludes with a comprehensive, two-hour tour of the Gettysburg battlefield. Led by award-winning guides, and aboard our motor coach, the tour covers every breathtaking moment of the historic battle!
STOPS (Locations guests get off and visit)
♦ Shriver House Museum
♦ Gettysburg Visitor Center (Orientation Film/Cyclorama Presentation/Museum)
♦ Gettysburg Battlefield (Guided Two-Hour Tour)
Gettysburg: Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays --- March 12 through September 5, 2016; Thursdays and Saturdays only September 8 through November 26, 2016. The memorial is closed Thanksgiving Day!
Summary of The Day: On your second day, you will travel to Charlottesville, Virginia where we will continue up the mountainside to Monticello, home of Thomas Jefferson, President, surveyor, musician and artist. We will also tour the famous Michie Tavern, with the option to purchase lunch on your own.
The Thomas Jefferson Visitor Center and Smith Education Center, the new gateway to Monticello, offers visitors greatly enhanced services and amenities. Discover Thomas Jefferson's life, times, and lasting legacies through a new introductory film, four innovative exhibitions, and a hands-on discovery room.
We will also tour the famous Michie Tavern, with the option to purchase lunch (family-style, very large servings ---- Monticello has a cafe with smaller-sized options if you wish to grab something there).
STOPS (Locations guests get off and visit)
♦ Michie Tavern (Family-style lunch served here)
♦ Thomas Jefferson Visitor and Smith Education Center
Duration: 11.5 Hours (Monticello)
You can take either tour first.
Monticello (Fridays --- March 11 through November 11, 2016)
This is a combination tour only and does not include overnight accommodation. The dates shown in the calendar are for availability but you do not have to take the tours consecutively and can be joined in either order. Below are the available dates.
Gettysburg tours are available on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays --- March 12 through September 5, 2016; Thursdays and Saturdays only September 8 through November 26, 2016. They are not available on Thanksgiving Day.
Monticello tours are available on Fridays --- March 11 through November 11, 2016
Our drivers are licensed DC sightseeing guides, but they do not get off and accompany you to each memorial, as they are responsible for the motor coach itself.
The deposit is non-refundable once the tour is confirmed.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.