Summary of The Day: From the earliest days of sailing ships to the bustling retail center of today, “Sails to Sales” tour will take you by the old streets, bars and taverns, shops, houses and ships that made this area the “gateway” to the world. Starting with the wealthy Schermerhorn's who built a large row of buildings at the seaport, to sailors from all over the world who found entertainment at the seaport with prostitutes, dog and rat fights, our tour covers many different facets of early seaport life. The Seaport opened up much of our trade to China and other parts of the East and, starting in the 1840’s, was the focal point for the beginnings of the ocean liner industry. You will be but a few steps from many of the greatest parts of New York’s history including the Brooklyn Bridge, to places like the famous Fulton Fish market and the Paris Cafe, where in 1881 one great inventor named Thomas Edison set up shop there as he electrified lower Manhattan. Guests will learn how the seaport developed in the 1800’s then fell into abandonment to finally being New York’s favorite shopping and dining hangout today.
Please arrive at the tour starting point 15 minutes prior to beginning of the tour.
Tour Guide assigned to conduct the tour on the website schedule is subject to change without notice due to last minute scheduling conflicts or other factors. If you wish to take a tour with a specific tour guide please call us to confirm tour guide assigned to your tour.
Cancellation Policy: All tour sales are final and tickets are non-refundable.
All tour tickets are non-transferable and cannot be rescheduled unless the guest purchases tour insurance.
All tours run regardless of weather unless the company notifies guests of a chance in the tour schedule.
Tour Guide assigned to conduct the tour is subject to change without notice due to last minute scheduling conflicts or other factors. If you wish to take a tour with a specific tour guide please call us to confirm tour guide assigned to your tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.