Summary of The Day: This excursion takes us to the countryside north of Amsterdam, to the edge of the river Zaan, where we visit windmill village ‘de Zaanse Schans’, with its characteristic green wooden houses. On the turn of the 18th century this district was an industrial area with approximately 700 windmills in use. In this day and age there are only five left. Through typical Dutch scenery we continue to Volendam for a city walk and the traditional fisherman’s village of Marken, situated on the shores of the former Zuiderzee. This tour includes a visit to a working windmill, boatride between Marken and Volendam, a demonstration in a cheese factory and visit to a traditional clogmaker.
At the end of the tour we will return to the meeting point.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 4-12 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 4.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Boat trip from Volendam to Marken
Visit to Zaanse Schans
Demonstration at a cheese factory and visit to a clog maker
Guided tour of a working windmill
Roundtrip transportation by motorcoach
Live commentary supported by a GPS audio system in more than 10 languages
Airfare and other transportation fees between your home and Amsterdam
Please bring your voucher to the meeting point at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure to secure your seat on the bus. If you arrive any sooner to departure time, your seat will not be guaranteed.
The temperature in Amsterdam between March and May averages between 43 and 54 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures at night will be lower, but never below freezing. For day trips and canal cruises, layered clothing is recommended.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Yes, the Sept. 20 is still available online and this will be subject to confirmation.
You can take the morning schedule of the tour as the tour duration is 5 1/2 hours. Kindly leave us a note when you process the order.
To place your order for a reservation online, simply select your desired tour start date and the number of rooms you need/ travelers you are booking for on the upper right section of the tour information page, then click on "BOOK NOW".