Have you ever wondered what it felt like to live in the Palace of Versailles? On this VIP tour you can explore the hidden rooms behind locked doors and walk in the footsteps of Marie Antoinette, one of the most idolized (and despised) queens in the history of the French royalty. Spend a day in the magnificent Palace of Versailles. Your English-speaking guide and palace expert will bring to life stories of lavish courts under French kings, queens and mistresses. Gain access to secret rooms and corridors that most never see. Explore rooms opened for your eyes only on a one-of-a-kind tour designed by our very own team of Palace of Versailles experts.
On this full-day excursion from Paris you will follow the lives and destinies of the French royal family - namely Marie Antoinette - and learn about life at the Court of Versailles under Louis XIV, XV and XVI. See the rooms where these kings and queens held court, including the spectacular Hall of Mirrors. Then go behind the scenes with exclusive access to rarely seen areas including the private quarters of influential mistresses, royal children, ambitious nobles and jealous courtiers - a sneak peek available to only a select few. The secret rooms of Versailles are where the pages of history were actually written.
Learn about Marie Antoinette and how she eventually retreated from the public gaze to live a simple country life at Queen's Hamlet. We'll guide you through the Gardens of Petit Trianon so that you can better appreciate the beauty of her secluded paradise, worlds away from the intrigue and feuding at the palace. See the secret corridors behind her bedroom where she fled from the revolutionaries who stormed the palace and put an end to the French monarchy once and for all.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Promotion applied to departure on
09/07/2016 - 11/09/2016
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Children 3 years of age and younger join the tour for free; no reservation needed.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Skip the Line entry to Palace and Gardens with expert English-speaking guide
VIP access to hidden rooms and private apartments opened specially for your group
Guided visit inside Marie Antoinette's private room at the Petit Trianon and around her gardens and rural hamlet
Small groups of 19 people or fewer
Escorted train travel between Versailles and central Paris
Headsets when appropriate, so that you can always hear your guide
It is the responsibility of all those joining the tour to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before scheduled departure time. Guests arriving late will not be accommodated; tickets for missed tours are not eligible for a refund.
We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs or those requiring special assistance. Strollers and baby carriages are not permitted on this tour.
Photography is permitted throughout the tour. Please do not use a flash inside the palace.
Shade is scarce in some places and it can get hot under direct sunlight. During the summer months, bring a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water.
Tourist attractions in France are among the most popular in the world. Skip-the-Line access and careful planning limit our exposure to crowds; some locations may be crowded during prime-time hours, however.
The local operator reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or staff.
Please note that many sections of the palace are not air-conditioned.
We will do our best to be punctual and follow the itinerary. Unforeseen circumstances and other issues beyond our control do compel us to make last-minute changes on rare occasions.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.