Summary of The Day: There is a certain magic that fizzes through the air in the Palace and Gardens of Versailles. Hidden away from the modern world, this majestic European castle on the outskirts of Paris is a perfectly preserved example of the reckless extravagance of the French monarchy. This is Paris life at its most luxurious and just as you imagined it with gold brushed furniture, quilted four-poster beds and lush rolling lawns that stretch as far as the eye can see.
With a maximum of 20 people per group, your tour of Versailles will be intimate, unhurried and enjoyable. Your English-speaking guide will meet you in Versailles and lead you through the Gardens and Palace. We will skip the line via pre-booked entrance to Versailles and your guide will lead you from one marvelous room to the next, pointing out where Louis XIV tormented his friends and family with long, boring ceremonies and where it was that Marie Antoinette ate her cake.
Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the largest and most beautiful castles in the world with a whopping 700 rooms. Peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1,250 fireplaces as you work your way through the highlights of the castle including the King and Queen's apartments, the Chapel, the Coronation Room, the Hall of Mirrors and the Salon of Abundance, how many residences can boast one of those? This list of rooms your guide will show you goes on and on, each one an entirely different and unique experience from the Peace Room to the Queen's bedchamber.
And just when you think that you have seen all that the Palace of Versailles has to offer, you'll burst into the sunlight and encounter its dazzling manicured gardens, more than 1,800 acres in size. On Thursdays we'll give you a tour of the gardens and give you some free time to wander, but we suggest choosing a date when either the famous Versailles Fountain Show or Musical Gardens are running (all running days except Thursday). The ticket to the show will be included in your tour price.
The Versailles Fountain Show is a wonderful live concert held in the exclusive groves, designed by Andre Le Notre. Watch fountains explode to the sounds of a cello at the Fountain Show or just be enchanted by the simple beauty of classical music played in beautiful surroundings during the Musical Gardens event.
Relax and reflect on your day of luxury as the train chugs back towards Paris and back to the real world. As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.
The sites visited include but are not limited to the King and Queen's apartments, the Chapel, the 17th c. galleries and the Hall of Mirrors, Hercules Drawing Room, Salon of Abundance, Venus Room, Diana Room (with a bust of Louis XIV by Bernini), Mars Room, Mercury Room, Apollo Room, War Room, Peace Room, King's bedroom, Queen's bedchamber, Salon of the Nobles, Coronation Room, Royal Chapel, Hall of Mirrors, Gardens.
The tour ends at the Palace of Versailles but there is the option to remain at the Palace of Versailles if you wish to stay longer.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 4.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Skip the Line Access to Palace of Versailles
Return train ticket from Paris to Versailles
Admission to the Fountain Show or Musical Gardens Show
Expert, English-speaking guide
Small groups of only 20 people or fewer
Audio headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
This tour involves a fair amount of walking so comfortable shoes are recommended.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on our group tours.
Photography is permitted throughout the tour without a flash.
The use of mobile phones is prohibited.
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.