Summary of The Day: Enjoy a full day to discover the treasure of Versailles!
A UNESCO World Heritage site, the Palace of Versailles was the residence of the Kings of France Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI from 1682 until the French Revolution in 1789. Your audio guide commentary gives you the perfect opportunity to visit the majestic Palace of Versailles at your own pace. Admire its Baroque architecture, lavish decoration, works of art and furniture created by some of history's greatest artisans. After your tour, enjoy a stroll through the palace's gardens.
Stretching for more than 721,000 square feet, the Palace of Versailles consists of more than 700 rooms. Your audio guide will help you find your way during your visit and tell you about the history of the palace. Visit the palace's most beautiful rooms such as the King's Grand Apartment, with seven salons each dedicated to a different god, and the Queen's Grand Apartment, laid out in a mirror image of those of the king, including the Coronation Room and the Queen's Bedroom, once occupied by Queen Marie Antoinette. Spend time marveling at the spectacular Hall of Mirrors, a unique room in which guests were received and impressed, designed by the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Almost 240 feet-long, it was designed to astonish the Sun King's (Louis XIV) visitors.
In 1661, Louis XIV commissioned the gardener Andre Le Notre to lay out the grounds and gardens, something that was just as important as the construction of the palace itself as far as the king was concerned. Spend time exploring the Palace of Versailles gardens and admire the many artworks they contain (more than 200 statues), fountains, ponds, flower beds and woodlands. During the summer months, a range of activities are organized, such as the "Grandes Eaux,” when the many fountains dance to music.
Individual earphones are available inside the palace for recorded commentary in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Polish and Mandarin Chinese.
After your audio guide tour, you can further explore the palace, stroll the Gardens of Versailles or check out the city. You'll also have free time for lunch.
From April 1 to September 30, the entrance fee to the gardens is not included in the display price.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 18 and old
* Child: 3-17 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 3.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
We suggest a good pair of walking shoes for comfort.
Strollers are prohibited inside the Palace of Versailles.
This tour is not suitable for travelers with walking difficulties.
Pictures without flash are permitted inside the palace.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.