Summary of The Day: If you’ve imagined Venice as a city of circuitous streets and aged buildings, you’ll love this original tour. It reveals another face of Venice, the quieter but fascinating Venice on the other side of the Grand Canal. And, don’t be surprised if you don’t see other tour groups along the way!
Your expert guide will help you navigate the atmospheric streets and piazzas of the district of Dorsoduro. Along the way, he will share tales of Ca'Dario, a house with a history of its owners dying mysteriously - a house which some locals consider haunted. At Fondamenta degli Incurabili, you’ll discover why music schools around the world are called conservatories. Homeless orphans were rescued by monks, and taken to this is the hospital. While some were trained to be nurses, others became world-famous musicians!
Besides fascinating places, Dorsoduro has also had its share of fascinating characters - some of them quite recent. Harry's Bar was a favorite “watering hole” for the writer Ernest Hemingway. You'll pass the home of Peggy Guggenheim, the heiress whose father perished with the Titanic, leaving her a fortune which she used to amass her famous art collections. And who can forget Shakespeare's tragic love story about Othello and Desdemona? You'll see a house where the real-life Desdemona supposedly lived.
And no tour of Venice is complete without a gondola ride. We've pre-arranged for you and five other people to ride along the quiet back canals. Traveling along with your local gondolier in his typical striped shirt, you'll feel like you're in a dream or movie - at the very least, far away from home.
The tour ends at Santa Maria del Giglio Gondola point in Campiello Traghetto near the Gritti Palace hotel, San Marco side.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 4.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Expert English-speaking guide for the walking portion of the tour
Guided walking tour of Venice as per itinerary
30-minute shared gondola ride (up to six passengers)
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking and bridges; comfortable shoes are recommended.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
The gondola does not operate during heavy rain or adverse weather conditions. In this case either an alternate date or a partial refund will be provided to clients.
Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.