Vatican Museums - Sistine Chapel - St. Peter's Basilica
Summary of The Day: Take a solemn retreat from the excitement of Rome for a relaxing and enlightening journey into the Vatican City to explore the Vatican Gardens, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica.
After meeting your local guide at Caffe Vaticano we'll take stroll through the peaceful Vatican Gardens, an oasis of tranquility in the heart of the Vatican City, decorated with idyllic fountains, sculptures and springs where very few people ever venture. Let your troubles wash away on a relaxing tour of this soothing garden.
From here we'll take an enriching tour of the world-renowned Vatican Museums, home to fifty-four different galleries including four statue museums: Museo Pio-Clementino, Museo Chiaramonti, Museo Gregoriano Etrusco and Museo Gregoriano Egiziano, home to some of the most famous works of art in the world, by Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Raphael and Giotto, to name just a few. Prepare to be amazed at the vast collection of divine works of art, an enriching experience for any art lover.
Exclusively to this tour is a visit to the Bramante Staircase, a section of the Museums closed to the general public. Thanks to our partnership with the Vatican we are able to let our customers enjoy this fascinating structure completely gratis.
Boasting granite Doric columns and a herringbone patterned floor, the Bramante Staircase was designed to allow people and animals to go up and down without interruption, but, above all, to permit Pope Julius II to enter his private rooms without alighting from his carriage.
Before departing the museums we will enter the 54th gallery: the famed Sistine Chapel. Completed around 1483, the Sistine Chapel is arguably the most famous chapel in the world. View many of the most famous frescoes, including the The Last Judgement by Michelangelo. Not only does the Sistine Chapel hold some of the world's most precious works of art, it is still used for religious purposes such as the Papal conclave, the process through which a new Pope is chosen.
Last but not least, we'll explore St. Peter's Basilica, a popular pilgrimage site and a shining example of Renaissance architecture.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
It is forbidden to pick flowers or plants inside the gardens.
In case of an unexpected closing of the Gardens by the Vatican Security, our itinerary will be substituted with the regular tour.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
Please make your way to the departure point 20 minutes prior to the tour start time: Caffè Vaticano located in viale Vaticano 100, opposite from the Vatican Museum entrance. Late arrivals will not be accommodated.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.