Summary of The Day: Spanning from the culmination of World War II through Operation Desert Storm, the USS Midway had an illustrious career. No other aircraft carrier can match her service record. Experience the fascinating legacy of this floating museum!
Berthed at the Navy Pier in downtown San Diego, the USS Midway was named in honor of the pivotal World War II battle.
She entered service a week after the war ended. The aircraft carrier would serve her country through war and peace and during other historic and humanitarian events. The ship was renowned for her ability to stay on station when other ships broke down and returned to port for repairs. She served as the launch pad for a captured German V2 rocket and in a humanitarian relief role after the 1991 eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines.
As a museum ship, the Midway provides an exciting opportunity for visitors to explore life aboard an aircraft carrier. You can tour this legendary vessel from her boilers to her bridge. A general admission ticket provides access to a self-guided audio tour that includes 60 separate exhibits located throughout the ship and more than two dozen restored aircraft. You will view several decks as you learn about life aboard an aircraft carrier and why these vessels are called floating cities.
The tour includes the berthing areas for officers and sailors, the galley where over 13,000 meals were served each day, the sick bay and pilot ready rooms as well as the hangar bay and flight deck. You will learn how the crew produced water, powered the carrier and maintained the aircraft. Climb the ladders to the bridge and look down on the more than 1,000-foot-long flight deck. Visit primary flight control, the location where the air boss oversaw flight operations, and view the Fresnel lens, the part of the landing system that enabled pilots to "call the ball." You can experience life as an aviator in the high-tech simulators and view music videos and short films.
The USS Midway and the San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum is the centerpiece of the city's majestic waterfront. The vessel has served as the setting for a NCAA basketball game and several episodes of popular television shows. With plenty of parking and just a short walk from public transportation, the Midway Museum has welcomed more than one million visitors since it opened in 2004. Obtain an eTicket to tour this thrilling, interactive museum, which pays tribute to the men and women who have called her home for 47 years.
Daily: 10:00am to 5:00pm with last admittance at 4:00pm. Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
W Broadway and N Harbor Dr
Downtown San Diego at Navy Pier, 910 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101. Present this ticket to receive admission tickets at the ticket booth located on the Navy Pier, USS Midway Museum.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult age: 13 and older
*Child age: 6-12
*Seniors age(62+ years) and student with ID: $17.00
Audio tour with every admission.
Virtual reality flight simulations.
Parking fee: Parking on Navy Pier - $5 up to 1 hour $7 for up to 4 hours Handicapped Parking - on Navy Pier (near the Ticket Office) is available on a first-come-first served basis, standard parking rates apply. Metered Parking - limited along N. Harbor Drive and Pacific Coast Highway at a rate of 25 cents for 12 minutes, with most meters having a 2 hour limit.
All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals; however, you have the option to pay for meals that tour guide arranges
Notes: Accessibility: Elevator access to Hangar Deck, Flight Deck and Mess Deck (approx 2/3 of exhibits are accessible). Virtual video tour for spaces that are not accessible by wheelchair. Complimentary loaner wheelchairs are available on a first come, first served basis.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.