Summary of The Day: Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for a relaxing holiday in the serene region of Umbria.
After picking you up from your central hotel in Rome, we'll begin our journey, traveling north along the Tiber Valley, across Lazio's and Umbria's beautiful countryside. Along the way to our soothing resort and spa, we'll visit the town of Assisi, the birthplace of Saint Francis. A Unesco World Heritage Site and one of Italy’s most popular pilgrimage destinations, Assisi is a perfect introduction to Umbria's relaxed atmosphere. While here we'll see the majestic St. Francis' Basilica, the burial place of the patron Saint, and witness the divine frescoes designed by Giotto, Cimabue, Simone Martini and other great artists.
Continuing with our tour, your guide will lead you to the Church of St. Claire. This prestigious church is dedicated to and contains the remains of Saint Clare of Assisi, an important historical and religious figure in Italy. Beginning as a follower of Saint Francis, Saint Claire went on to found the Order of Poor Ladies, now known as the Order of Saint Clare. We'll also get to visit the Townhall Square. Afterwards we'll enjoy lunch and then visit the Church of St. Mary of the Angels, where St. Francis' died in 1226.
Following the tour, we'll travel through the countryside to Fattoria di Vibio, a 4-star country resort with all the comforts you can dream of. Located in Monte Castello Vibio, the resort offers a wide range of fabulous independent cottages and comfortable rooms, all decorated in a traditional and simple Umbrian countryside style. All rooms have private entrances and modern facilities including free Wi-Fi.
Fattoria di Vibio is the perfect place to immerse yourself in a relaxing life style molded around the concept of "slow life.” At the end of the day, dine with delicious local food and wine.
Summary of The Day: Begin your relaxing getaway with a tasty Italian breakfast at the resort (own expense), and enjoy the spectacular views over the valley.
For today, feel free to relax and enjoy your vacation at the resort. A full-service spa, a restaurant, an indoor and an outdoor pool are available for your enjoyment. Relax at your leisure while enjoying the shade of the gardens or swimming at the pool.
After some free time to relax, be ready to attend the cooking class to learn the culinary tradition of Umbria and Italy. A talented chef will let you into the secrets of “Umbrian” cooking and you will easily be able to recreate at home the recipes for your beloved ones. He will teach you how to prepare local and delicious gourmet dishes using the freshest ingredients of the season to keep your palate titillated and your body healthy! At the end of the class, you will enjoy the food prepared during the cooking lesson.
The rest of afternoon is free for you to enjoy yourself.
Summary of The Day: After a rich breakfast at the hotel, you can relax and find your own patch of peace in this enchanting oasis or take the opportunity to take an optional excursions to discover the beauty of Italy’s green heart (own expense).
Hotel pickup service is provided from all centrally located hotels. Hotel pickup times are subject to traffic conditions and the number of passengers booked. Pickup service begins at 6:30am from centrally located hotels. Please be ready in your hotel lobby.
If your hotel is not reached by the pickup service, please make your way to the departure point no later than 7:00am: I Love Rome office, via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando 95
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.