Summary of The Day: After an early morning pickup, join your guide, a certified archaeologist, for an in-depth tour of Tulum, a walled Mayan city perched atop a cliff that overlooks the Caribbean Sea. You’ll arrive at the site and take in this tranquility just in time to beat the crowds!
As you tour Tulum, your expert guide will provide informative commentary. Learn about the archaeological studies of the site and the Mayan civilization that occupied it. Hear evidence that Tulum was one of the major Mayan cities of the 13th and 14th centuries in Quintana Roo, due to its strategic coastal location, its elevation, and its efficient defense system.
As you stroll among the ruins of Tulum, you’ll discover what researchers have uncovered: a political settlement along a commercial route that exploited the rich marine resources off the coast. Today, Tulum is best known for its sandy beaches and the remnants of elaborate murals.
Return to your hotel in the afternoon, enjoying a box lunch while in transit back to Cancun.
Pick up Inside downtown zone & Cancun hotel zone, Puerto Morelos y Playa del Carmen. If your hotel is not in this area please contact us to coordinate a meeting point. If you are in Mayan Riviera, the meeting point is Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel located at Carretera Federal Chetumal - Puerto Juarez KM 282 No.307 Solidaridad, QROO. First pick up: 5:30am.
The box lunch will include sandwiches, juice, fruit, and a cookie. Vegetarian options are available upon request during booking.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.