Summary of The Day: Today, join us on an excursion to Trinity College and its historic library, which is home to one of Ireland's most illustrious books, the 9th century Book of Kells.
Before viewing the famous book, visitors pass through an excellent exhibition based on the Book of Kells and other important books written in monasteries around Ireland from the 9th century.
After viewing the Book of Kells visitors are invited to visit the Long Room built in 1745. Once the principal library of the University, it now contains over two hundred thousand books and manuscripts of the Trinity's oldest volumes. Brian Boru's harp, said to be the oldest harp in Ireland, and a copy of the 1916 Proclamation of the Republic, one of the most important documents relating to Irish history, are also on display in the Long Room.
In 2015, Conde Nast Traveler magazine included a visit to the Book of Kells as one of the "50 Things to do in Europe Before You Die."
- Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday (May to September): 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Sunday (October to April): 12:00pm to 4:30pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* The price is the same for all ages.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Admission to the Book of Kells exhibition at Trinity College
Please present your voucher directly to Trinity College Book of Kells staff at the main entrance.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.