Summary of The Day: Trier is home to many old monuments and buildings and boasts a unique history and picturesque surroundings. Trier is the birthplace of the influential philosopher and revolutionary Karl Marx. Take our tour and discover the city’s rich history as you travel along the route. Hop off at the amphitheatre which dates all the way back to the second century. It is also one of the largest in the Roman Empire. Admire the ruins of the 20,000 capacity arena, which is still used today as a venue for the Antiquity Festival as well as open air concerts. Explore the vast cellar, which housed prisoners and beasts before they were sent to the arena and learn of the advanced technological achievements of the ancient Romans.
Take the bus tour to Karl-Marx-Haus, where the famous radical was born. The house was opened in 1947 and renovated in 1983 and is home to exhibits featuring Marx's personal history, volumes of poetry, original letters and photographs with personal dedications. There is also an opportunity to witness a collection of rare first editions and international editions of Marx’s works, as well as displays on the development of socialism in the 19th century. Marvel at the Porta Nigra (Latin for black gate), a large Roman city gate which is today the largest Roman city gate north of the Alps and has been designated a World Heritage Site. At the south side of the Porta Nigra, remains of Roman columns line the last 100m of the street leading to the gate. Take a guided tour in summer months and admire the structure which remains almost untouched by the reconstruction ordered by Napoleon.
Hop off at the Barbarathermen (or The Barbara Baths) where a viewing platform allows for a fantastic look at the entire system comprising of the bath’s foundations, cellars, and under-floor heating systems, all of which survived a 17th-century. Take the bus tour to Zurlaubener Ufer, a charming district situated on the banks of the Moselle river. Take a river trip, admire the fishing boats, and enjoy the rustic character of the Zurlauben bank. Take time out and relax in one of the riverside beer gardens. A number of the old fishermen’s houses have been converted into restaurants and pubs; the perfect place to finish your day.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15
* Children younger than 5 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Your ticket is redeemable for 3 months from purchase.
Once your reservation has been made, this tour is non-refundable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.