Summary of The Day: Get ready to discover Trastevere, one of the most atmospheric neighborhoods in the Italian capital. If the hustle and bustle of Rome doesn't win you over, Trastevere is sure to sweep you off your feet! Picturesque, quaint, and whimsical enough to melt the hardest of hearts, this neighborhood is a favorite among locals for a very good reason.
Meet your local guide, and set off from the banks of Tiber Island, stopping to admire the Church of San Bartholomeo before walking over Cestius Bridge. Don't miss the chance to taste grattachecca, a delicious handmade sorbet sold at little stands along the banks of the river - it doesn't get any more local than this. Stroll with your guide through Trastevere, where trendy nightclubs and art galleries are juxtaposed with local shops and washing lines.
We'll visit the Basilica of Santa Cecilia, built on the place where the Roman martyr Cecilia died in the year 220. Your local guide will fill you in on all the details of her intriguing story. Just outside the basilica is the Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere, the heart of the neighborhood and a great place to witness everyday life.
Grab a seat on a park bench, admire the 12th-century mosaics, and soak up the atmosphere. Be sure to sample some of the specialties at the nearby bakery.
After filling up on treats, we'll make our way to Piazza Trilussa, one of Trastevere's most popular hangouts, at the heart of which stands the Acqua Paola Fountain. Once fed by the Trajan Aqueduct, the fountain is now is a popular place to catch up with neighborhood friends.
Our walking tour of Trastevere ends at the Ponte Sisto, or Sixtus Bridge, where you can easily walk back to the center of the city, or head back into Trastevere for a more in-depth exploration of the endlessly fascinating neighborhood.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under 6 years of age are not allowed on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
Tours are limited to 12 people per group.
Comfortable shoes are recommended.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.