Summary of The Day: Today, join us on a trip to discover the origin and future of Cape Town with a tour of the surrounding townships that are home to the bulk of the city's population. Along the way we'll learn how the townships, considered the "other side of town," have a rising middle class that will carry the future of the city.
We'll take you into the new central business districts of the city, including Langa and Khayelitsha, two of the most crucial parts of the townships, and therefore of the city. We'll visit some sites and projects of transformation, and meeting some of the people that are making this change. We'll look at how the city and its townships were formed, and how the townships are being shaped into the future. It looks at models for economic and social integration. It looks at ways that townships might connect to each other and to the city as a whole. In between these lines, it touches on food and stories and life.
We'll have the opportunity to walk around, meet people, sample local food, and see examples of the future.
Please input your hotel's name and address in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.