Summary of The Day: Discover Toledo and its stunning view from a classic open top bus.
The start point of this tour is the Alcazar CSS bus stop. Here, the bus waits for 15 minutes and starts the tour surrounding this monument, located in the highest point of the city. While doing this, we can see San Servando castle on the other side of the Tajo river.
Then, we arrive to Zocodover square, the most important one of the city and, therefore, the main meeting point.
Just going down the street, we arrive to our second bus stop: Bisagra Gate (“Hinge”). Extended and rebuilt in 1550 by Alonso de Covarrubias. It was envisioned as a grand triumphal arch dedicated to Emperor Charles of Hapsburg. Impressive imperial shield of arms with the two-headed eagle, and the insignia of the order of Toison de Oro knighthood or Golden Fleece.
After admiring this wonderful gate, we continue going down until arriving at the next stop: Remonte de Safont/Scalators and go on to the railway station/AVE station, where passengers can finish the tour to travel to Madrid or new passengers can join us. Our bus stops here for 15 minutes, always taking into the account the arrivals of the trains coming from Madrid.
We start again our tour towards the Valle/Valley, crossing a bridge next to the Alcantara one. Of Roman origen and rebuilt in Muslim and Christian times. It rests on two round archs, and supports the fortified gate tower which gives the access to the alficen (Al-Hizan). From this point we stop for panoramic views, and allow time to admire the city from a privileged point. The tour has the longest stop, for 5 minutes, to take some pictures and continues to the next one: Cigarrales. These are very big houses in the middle of smallholdings outside the city from where we can still seeing the old part of Toledo.
The next stop is at San Martin bridge. Raised above five arches, dating from the 14th century, was promoted by Archbishop Tenorio. Crossing this bridge we will arrive to the Jewish Quarter and the first monument we will find is San Juan de los Reyes Monastery.
We continue until arriving at the new part of Toledo, to stop at Reconquista Avenue, next to Gate of Alfonso VI, also referred as the old Bisagra Gate it is of Muslim origin dating from the early 10th century.
Near from here and also from Bisagra Gate, we find the Hospital de Tavera. Founded in 1541 by Cardinal Juan Tavera. Many different works from famous painters are exhibited in the museum, such as El Greco, Ribera, Zurbaran, Sanchez Coello, Caravaggio… The national Section Of Nobility Archive is currently kept on the premises of the building.
We finish our tour and return to the Alcazar, this time through Bisagra Gate.
Toledo City Tour
3. Railway Station
7. San martin Bridge
The vouchers can be redeemed at any of the bus stops. Tour runs every 30 minutes from 9:35am to 8:05pm, with a full loop of approx. 50 minutes.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 5-11
* Children younger than 5 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Your ticket is redeemable for 3 months from purchase.
Once your reservation has been made, this tour is non-refundable.
Wheelchair accessible on all tour buses.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.