Summary of The Day: Need a quickie intro to the city? Toss aside your guidebook and instead get the Tokyo scoop straight from those who know it best: the locals who live here!
We will visit the Asakusa area, which showcases the spirit and culture of Japan in many ways. You’ll learn about the neighborhood, the sites, and the rituals as you make your way from Kaminarimon (the outer gate), through the smells and sights of the Nakamise shopping street, to the main hall of the Sensoji Temple and the adjacent Asakusa Shrine.
We will end up at a local café where we can have a chat about your plans for Tokyo and also exchange ideas with like-minded fellow travelers.
Think of it as a tour, meet-up, and info desk all rolled into one - get the tips you need to know from those who are in-the-know, then kick back and relax with some new friends in a new city. There’s no better way to tap into local life in Tokyo!
The tour ends at Asakusa station at around 11:30am.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age.
* Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join the tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
* Tour prices are based on Japanese Yen (JPY) and are converted into US Dollar (USD). Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
As this tour will visit a couple of holy sites, we recommend clothing that is not too revealing. Please have your shoulders covered and wear shorts/skirts that reach at least the knees.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.