Summary of The Day: Today we'll discover some of Mexico's finest handcrafted goods with a visit two lovely colonial towns, Tlaquepaque and Tonala, in a half-day trip from nearby Guadalajara. In these charming villages, best known for their traditional handicraft production, you will see artisans at work in blown glass, pottery, jewelry, handmade soap, furniture and much more!
After your professional guide picks you up at your hotel, you will drive in air-conditioned minibus to the colonial town of Tlaquepaque. Located just 4 miles (7 kilometers) from the center of Guadalajara, the small town is known for its handicrafts, especially its fantastic pottery, woodcarvings and leather work. Here we'll stroll through the narrow cobbled streets to magnificent colonial mansions where beautiful Mexican crafts are sold.
Next we'll travel to Tonala, which on certain days of the week becomes home to a big market along the main streets and people from all over the area come to shop for handicrafts. Your guide will give a brief explanation of the history of the region before visiting some of the local workshops and factories. You’ll find a wide variety of ceramics, hand-blown glass, wooden figures, iron, jewelry and furniture before returning to your hotel in Guadalajara.
We offer hotel pick up in metropolitan zone, with first pick up at 8:00am.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.