Summary of The Day: Thessaloniki is known not only for its natural beauty and impressive Byzantine monuments, but also for its delicious food! Take your taste buds on a journey through the culinary landscape of Thessaloniki!
We'll begin our tour with a cup of Greek coffee - there's no other way to start the day in Greece! After you learn all about this delicious brew from your local guide, we'll take you to the commercial district of Thessaloniki for samples of the complex and rewarding flavors of Thessaloniki's local specialties. Try koulouri and bougatsa, small round bread snacks seasoned with sesame seeds. Koulouri is fairly plain, but delicious nonetheless! Bougatsa, on the other hand, can be filled with almost anything: cream, spinach, cheese, mince meat and the list goes on. Both have a history dating back to the Byzantine era.
Next we'll wander through Thessaloniki's two most popular open-air markets overflowing with fresh produce, fish, meats, spices, dairy products and local specialties - a unique and vibrant atmosphere that's sure to captivate. Listen to tales of the market from your local guide while you drink in the sights and satisfy your growing appetite.
Then we'll make our way to Athonos Square, characterized by old-world ouzeris and small taverns. There we'll visit one of the best ouzeris in the city and have some appetizers with ouzo, an anise-flavored aperitif, or the pomace brandy tsipouro.
We'll conclude our culinary tour with a sample of siropiasta at one of the city's oldest confectioneries. Siropiasta are syrupy sweets introduced in the 1920's by Greek refugees from Istanbul and Asia Minor.
This tour ends at Aristotelous Square, in front of Venizelos statue, on Egnatia St.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under 6 years of age are not allowed on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
No more than 12 people per group.
The tour may pass by or through churches where modest dress is required. Do not wear shorts or skimpy tops.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.