Summary of The Day: Welcome to the magical city of Thessaloniki, where modern buildings sit comfortably alongside age-old monuments, and memories of Byzantium are very much alive. Discover this beautiful mix of old and new, East meets West, on a tour through the city's bustling markets. See local artisans making leather, copper and bronze products using traditional techniques.
We'll set off from Aristotelous Square to explore one of the busiest areas of the city, passing through the city's open-air, densely-populated markets where local vendors sell fish, fruit, vegetables, dairy products and spices from the East, creating a scene evoking the city's Byzantine past. This is the perfect spot to immerse yourself in the flavors and aromas of Greek and Thessaloniki food.
We'll visit yet another market where you'll meet the coppersmiths preserving the age-old traditions of their trade. We'll walk through a few more markets, re-emerging at the lively Bit Pazar, an area with a history dating back to 1928.
Our tour of the hidden markets of Thessaloniki ends in an area boasting the city's best cafes, restaurants, and bars. Stories from a bygone era will come alive as your local expert guide leads you through the paved alleyways.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under 6 years of age are not allowed on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
No more than 12 people per group.
The tour may pass by or through churches where modest dress is required. Do not wear shorts or skimpy tops.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.