Summary of The Day: This tour is the easiest way to visit Montserrat! Spectacular mountain and views, ancient monastery, holy shrine - an incomparable place not to be missed.
Montserrat is a massive rock over 4000 feet high, visible for miles, with weird shapes and rounded peaks that jut into the sky; there are paths, stairs, caves, chapels and hermitages scattered over the mountain, extraordinary landscapes and wonderful views. No wonder the whole mountain is also a Natural Park.
The Monastery & Black Madonna
The 1000 year old Benedictine monastery is perched half way up the mountain and sheltered by its peaks. There is a basilica with the Chapel of Our Lady of Montserrat known as La Moreneta, the patron saint of Catalonia, and a presence strongly felt and revered. The community of monks also runs a boys’ school devoted to the study of music.
The Sanctuary of Montserrat
Surrounding the Monastery there are plenty of things to do, here are some top suggestions:
- Best place for pictures, with some outstanding views of both Montserrat and the surrounding plains
- Market stalls selling local goods like honey and Mato (fresh cheese)
- The Museum of Montserrat has an extensive collection with paintings by Dali, Picasso, El Greco and even treasures from ancient Egypt!
- Restaurants and shops for anyone looking for souvenirs
- Funicular railway to Sant Joan chapel.
At the end of the tour we return to Placa Catalunya.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 3 to 12
* Children younger than 3 may join the tour for free.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Ground transportation via comfortable roomy air-conditioned bus with big windows
Professional tour escort
Picturesque drive up to Montserrat (about an hour from Barcelona)
About an hour free time to roam on your own
Food and drinks
The Boys' Choir
Funicular, track railway or cable car. You will have time for a round trip on Sant Joan funicular railway
This is not a wheelchair accessible vehicle. However, if you have limited mobility, we can take your wheelchair with us.
Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time. You will recognize us for our orange umbrellas at Placa Catalunya, in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza and Deutsche Bank.
Dress a bit warmer for Montserrat, it is colder than the city.
Silence must be kept inside the church so the guide will give all the explanations outside.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
You are welcomed to bring a folding wheelchair, please do leave a note in the comment box when placing your reservation online
that you intend to bring this along with you.
Please Note: The traveler must be able to walk up and down the stairs of the motor coach when boarding as the bus will not be equipped with a wheelchair lift. We also recommend that there be someone in your group to help assist when needed.