Barcelona - Tarragona - Roc de Sant Gaieta - Sitges - Barcelona
Summary of The Day: Experience the ancient Roman heritage of Tarragona and the cosmopolitan flair of Sitges in one day! Retrace the footsteps of Roman gladiators. Stand on the very spot where chariots raced by. Walk across the magnificent Roman aqueduct and through the streets of the Old Quarter with its stunning cathedral. Then visit Roc de Sant Gaieta, a tiny Mediterranean village characterized by a heady blend of traditional Ibizan, Sevillian and Greco-Roman influences. Then travel to Sitges for a distinctly Mediterranean experience. Let your hair down on the beaches of this seaside resort town.
Our first stop of the day is the 2,000 year-old Roman aqueduct called El Pont del Diable, or Devil's Bridge. This well-preserved monument of ancient Rome receives few visitors, but its sheer size - over 656 feet long and nearly 100 feet high - often leaves a deeper impression than other more popular attractions. Seize this rare opportunity to go off the beaten track and visit one of the lesser known architectural wonders of Catalonia.
From there we'll travel to Tarragona, the ancient Roman capital of the Iberian Peninsula, entering the old part of the city through a narrow gateway in the old Roman walls. We'll wander through the historic old quarter and stop near the cathedral to browse the antiques at the Sunday morning market. Few tourists ever make it to Tarragona, and fewer still stumble across this traditional market. It's a great way to pick up something truly unique from the area. Those seeking divine inspiration will be given ample time to explore the cathedral.
We'll continue our exploration of Old Town with a visit to the Roman forum. We'll walk along the underground passageways and come out at Placa de la Font, situated inside the old Roman circus. And last but not least, enjoy breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea from the Roman amphitheatre.
We'll depart for Sitges at around 12:30pm, stopping briefly at Roc de Sant Gaieta.
Once a sleepy fishing village, Sitges has since become a hip seaside resort boasting a long and sandy beach, a smattering of trendy boutiques, and several interesting sights to boot. Get lost in the shady side streets; soak up the Mediterranean vibe. After a leisurely lunch you might want to head off to one of Sitges' 17 beaches for some surf and sand.
This tour departs at 8:30AM from opposite the Palau de la Musica, C/ Palau de la Musica, 1, 08003, Barcelona.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Transportation in air-conditioned motorcoach
Small group tour
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Food and drinks
All personal expenses
Entrance fees for the museums and monuments in Tarragona
Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
To protect your personal property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.