Summary of The Day: Explore Southern Tasmania with a bird’s eye view of the Great Southern Forests from 40m high before heading 40m underground into the mysterious and quiet world inside our Caves.
Our first adventure today is to explore the Tahune Forest Airwalk. We'll begin our walk along the Cantilever stretching for 597m through the treetops. Enjoy the sensation of being suspended above the Huon River with breathtaking views across the treetops and surrounding mountains.
Back on the forest floor we'll take on a longer walk (1hr) to experience the “Swinging Bridges,” crossing both the Picton and Huon rivers. With a 50m span across the rivers this is a thrilling experience and makes for fabulous photos! For a more gentle experience there is the easy 20 minute Huon Pine Walk where these famous and unique local trees grow alongside the river with some as old as 2000 years, a delightful and enchanting short walk.
We'll continue our journey south to the Hastings Cave Reserve. This is a quiet, remote and spectacular area where we enjoy a variety of activities and soak up the unique atmosphere. Bring your swimming gear and jump into the Thermal Springs swimming pool where the water is always 28 degrees, fed by the naturally heated waters of the thermal springs nearby. Relax in the beautiful forest surrounds or wander the Hot Springs Nature Trail where the warm water meets the cool water,
home to the unique & playful Platypus.
We head underground to explore the spectacular Hastings Caves, Newdegate Cave which is Australia’s largest tourist Dolomite Cave, expertly conducted by the National Parks & Wildlife guides. The cave temperature is always 9 degrees so bring your jumper along.
Our return to Hobart takes around 1.5 hours with a few short stops along the way returning into Hobart around 5:00pm. During the summer months, our return time is a little later as there is opportunity to stop at the many roadside stalls and collect some delicious local produce such as Cherries, Berries, Apples and a stop for a honey tasting along the way.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
What to Bring
Sensible shoes for walking
A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
Hat & Sunscreen
Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
Sense of adventure!
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.