Summary of The Day: This is our most popular tour listed, and possibly the most popular in the tropics as far as small customized waterfall tours go.
Once you have been picked up from your accommodation in Cairns or by (special arrangement from elsewhere), we journey up to the southern Tablelands observing spectacular world heritage scenery along the way. Visit one of the largest strangler figs in the Tableland's rainforests, the Curtain Fig Tree, estimated to be over 500 years old. It is a spectacular giant.
From here, travel to your first waterfall. The famous Malanda Falls, which forms part of the North Johnstone River and created by the last flow of lava from the Malanda Volcano. Native platypus are often seen in this permanent source of flowing water. Stop for morning tea at the very popular Malanda Dairy Centre and Heritage Museum, where you can follow the interactive self-guided tour through the historical display of the local dairy industry.
Your next destination will be the small dairy town of Millaa Millaa with the opportunity to visit four separate waterfalls including one of the most photographed waterfalls in Australia, Millaa Millaa Falls. This classic waterfall is a great place for a quick dip on a hot day with an invigorating massage from the cascade of cool flowing mountain water.
After your swim, make your way across to a few other spectacular falls on our circuit, with a few short walks to the viewing areas in the rainforest.
Then, travel deeper into the Tablelands driving through lush green rolling dairy pastures to a 295-foot (90m) triple tier cascade. The highest waterfall on the Tablelands - Mungalli - is truly a sight to see.
After which you stop for a hearty lunch at one of the Tableland's best cafes before making your way across the Tablelands to Ravenshoe. On the way, be treated to a view from one of the Southern Tablelands best lookouts where, on a clear day, the spectacularly panoramic view stretches from Atherton to the Innisfail Coast. over 100 sq kilometres. Just past Ravenshoe you will take in the rapidly changing scenery as you approach the gateway to the outback and the famous Millstream Falls, Queensland's widest single drop waterfall.
Winding your way back over the Herberton ranges and towards a more tropical rainforest landscape, to your final stop for the day the mind blowing Mount Hypipamee Crater. This one of a kind volcanic phenomenon is the result of a massive gas explosion that occurred many years ago that will leave you spell bound indeed. The path continues around to the Dinner Falls with the lowest tier being the most spectacular.
You will then be returned to your place of pickup via the highway to Cairns, upon which there will be time to take in some more beautiful Tableland views of contrasting landscape and weather patterns that the mountains are often noted for.
Hotel Pick-up will begin at 7:30am. Please input your hotel name and address during booking.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
2 Adults + 3 Children
Group from 2 to 10
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Fitness Level: We will be negotiating a few bush tracks and paths that require a low/medium level of fitness, but none of the activities will be too strenuous.
Please input your hotel name and address during booking.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.