Summary of The Day: Travel with us back in time to Sydney's origin on a freshwater stream, when the earliest streets were informally laid out. Many of these historic lanes still stand today, hidden behind Sydney's modern, outer shell. From charming paths to grungy service lanes, each of these lanes has a unique character that adds to the diversity and complex shape of Sydney.
Join us and our expert local guides in exploring these hidden pathways, traveling along the historic Tank Stream. Learn about the bizarre backstories and incredible histories of the city’s sights as you take the least-walked path through downtown Sydney – a great local experience!
Encounter the city from a local perspective with factual, funny, irreverent, and anecdotal Sydney tour that leads you to the icons like The Rocks, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and the Sydney Opera House, but explore them in a way most tourists don’t.
The major lane we'll follow is the Tank Stream, which today runs silently through a city drain below the pavement of the Tank stream Way, and walk through narrow lanes such as Palings Lane, which despite its very contemporary feeling, has been on or close to here for a long time.
We will end our walk by following in the footsteps of the nineteenth century working-class man that will lead us through The Rocks district.
This tour starts at 10:00am from The Strand Arcade 412-414 George Street ,Sydney NSW 2000.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
1 Adult + 2 Children
1 Adult + 3 Children
1 Adult + 1 Child
* Adult: 13 years or older
* Child: 6-12 years of age
* For each adult booking one child may join the tour for free, however, each additional child will cost AUD 25.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
This tour departs at 10:00am from The Strand Arcade, 212-414 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time and present a copy of your reservation to the guide.
Keep in mind that this is a private tour and possible to customize to meet your desires. Should you want to change the itinerary please do not hesitate to contact us by sending us a request through the inquiry form.
In the event of potential inclement weather, the threat of weather or natural disasters, on the day of a scheduled tour, the tour will be cancelled or postponed and you will be fully refunded.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring your camera ! And an umbrella just in case!
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many world destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.