Summary of The Day: Our full day tour takes you from Port Lincoln marina to ‘shark bay’ at Neptune Island, approximately 70 kms south of Port Lincoln, South Australia. On the way, see spectacular scenery as you cruise through the Thorny Passage and expect sightings of inquisitive local dolphins and sea birds.
To ensure we are protecting the natural environment, we use audio sound vibrations to attract the sharks to the boat rather than berley. The benefits of using sound vibration is that it is omnidirectional (that is, it travels in all directions underwater), it’s instantaneous and completely eco friendly – and funnily enough, the great white shark’s favorite choice of music is the rock tunes from AC/DC. Lately they have also taken a liking to The Hilltop Hoods!!
Observers can upgrade to underwater access on the day for AUD 125.00, payable on board. This includes either diving in the Cage or entering our Aqua Sub.
Upgrade includes: Mask, snorkel, wetsuit, gloves, hood, Cage Access or Aqua Sub access.
**All underwater access fees are refundable on the day if sharks are unsighted or at the skippers discretion **
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Adult - Observer
Child - (5 - 15)
* This tour requires 6 passengers minimum to depart. **Please note children 0-4 yrs not recommended on Shark Tour**
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Professional Guide & Captain
Transportation aboard Shark Warrior boat
Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off from select hotels
Morning & Afternoon Tea
Additional drinks and snacks are available for purchase
Free return transfers (to and from Boarding Pontoon) from listed accommodation venues:
Adventure Backpackers ($25/night 6 bed shared dorm) - 6:00am
Navigators Inn - 6:00am
Bay 10 - 6:05am
Port Lincoln Hotel - 6:10am
Grand Tasman Hotel - 6:15am
Port Lincoln Cabin Park - 6:20am
Port Lincoln Tourist Park - 6:25am
Boarding Location - 2 South Quay Blvd, Port Lincoln.
Please be at the departure gate at 6:30am. The charter will leave at the scheduled time and is unable to wait for latecomers.
What to Bring
Warm jacket (it can get cold out on the water or after a swim)
Your camera (underwater cameras available for purchase on board the vessel)
Sunglasses and sunscreen – we encourage you to be sun smart
Underwater Access Fee
Observers can upgrade to underwater access on the day for $125.00. This includes either diving in the Cage or entering our Aqua Sub. Payable on board.
Upgrade includes: Mask, snorkel, wetsuit, gloves, hood, Cage Access or Aqua Sub access. **All underwater access fees are refundable on the day if sharks are unsighted or at the skippers discretion **
Port Lincoln is located 640km from Adelaide, South Australia. Either a short 45-minute plane flight, or a 7 – 7.5 hour drive.
The shark cage diving is carried out at North Neptune Islands, which is approximately 2 ½ hours boat ride from Port Lincoln.
Great White sightings can never be guaranteed as they are wild animals, however most of our tours result in shark sightings. Certainly there are better times than others to have the best chance at a good sighting of Great Whites.
We are always hesitant to say the ‘best’ time of year to swim with the sharks, as they are nomadic and somewhat unpredictable. Historically however, the best time of year for viewing great white sharks is from May through to July. At this time the seal pups that were born in the summer months start leaving the safety of the shore and therefore make an easy food supply for the sharks.
Unfortunately this period is in our winter months and therefore the chance of bad weather is also increased. Although we will do our best to ensure trips depart, the weather is out of our control and we encourage passengers to contact us 3 days prior to departure for an updated forecast. We also recommend travel insurance in case departures need to be adjusted.
December through to February has always been another great time to swim with the sharks as this is their annual breeding season. The weather is also warmer at this time of year making trips popular in these months.
On the Swim with Great Whites tour you get to be the photographer! Just ask the crew for the underwater camera to take in the cage with you and take as many pictures as you like of the sharks, your buddies and of course a good ol selfie of you in the cage!
When we get back from the tour the camera is downloaded at ABC headquarters (please allow a week from the day of your tour for all photos to be uploaded) we then upload these to the local operator's Facebook (just click on the local operator's Facebook page after the tour to see photos from our recent tours). From there you can copy them to your own computer for FREE!
You are very welcome to bring your own underwater camera/GoPro if you have one. Remember to upload any cool photos or videos you get onto our Facebook page so the other guests who were on the trip with you can share it!
Finally, we have disposable underwater cameras available for purchase on board on the day.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.