Summary of The Day: Take our open safari truck to see the real Dominican Republic, beyond your resort in Punta Cana!
Leaving Punta Cana and traveling towards Higuey, the largest city in the Dominican Republic's eastern region, the excursion makes a stop at a local school where the safari team sponsors a community project that benefits several villages with basic education.
Passing through the vast sugar cane fields so common to the east of the Dominican Republic, the tour then visits one of the country's most famous churches - the Basilica de Higuey, dedicated to Our Lady of the Altagracia, the patron saint of the Dominican Republic.
Leaving the city, we'll take a turn towards the Cordillera Oriental Mountain Range, averaging some 900 feet above sea level, before heading deep into the Dominican country side. Our safari truck then passes by two rural ranches where we'll learn about and taste several genuine Dominican products: cocoa, coffee, tobacco, and mamajuana (widely considered a natural aphrodisiac).
After a short horseback ride around the country ranch, you'll be treated to an amazing Dominican buffet lunch, where a lazy hammock will be waiting for your afternoon siesta. To finish the day, we visit one of the most beautiful beaches in the area, Macao, for a dip in the ocean and some boogie boarding, before returning to your hotel.
Tour departs in the morning. Pickup times and locations vary depending on the hotel you are staying at. We will be contacting you shortly with the exact time and pickup location.
There is a short stop at the Basilica in Higuey. To enter, women and men must be covered to the elbows and knees. The tour makes a stop at a local school; sometimes, visitors choose to bring helpful donations. This should never be money, but instead school supplies like pens, pencils, notebooks, backpacks, clothing, etc. There are no children on Saturdays and Sundays or major holidays but the tour still visits the school.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.