Summary of The Day: The statement 'The beauty under the sea is a beauty untouchable' is no longer true.The traditional diving requires uncomfortable regulators, weights, and a whole lot more equipment, let alone the training, which made underwater adventure limited to a select few. The introduction of BOB - Breathing Observation Bubble - has opened up this mysterious beauty to many.
'How can this happen?' you may ask. For the inquisitive ones, and without boring you with excessive technical mumbo jumbo, the BOB apparatus uses water pressure and displacement, keeping air in the bubble and the water out of it. Imagine! A private, oxygenated, atmosphere just for you!
This bubble is accompanied by an underwater scooter, allowing you an ease of movement through the water. Although you are submerged, your breathing remains unhindered in the bubble of air. You can keep contact lenses, or glasses on without worry of water disturbing them. Majority of the time, your hair wont even get wet! No special tubing ends up in your nose or mouth. Generally, one can master the operation of a BOB in a few minutes.
The BOB is powered by a thrust electric motor that can reach a top speed of 2.5 knots with an environment friendly gel-cell battery. At Maunalua Bay, you can cruise amongst amazing sea creatures, such as the endangered green sea turtles, Humuhumunukunukuapua'a (the state fish for Hawaii, try saying that five times fast), coral, sea urchins, sea cucumbers, star fish, etc.. Occasionally, you may run into playful dolphins. It is a wonderful, and certainly memorable, experience that you should not pass up.
Please Note: This tour will be closed on Christmas Day & New Years Day.
Please arrive at the pickup location 10-15 minutes before the departure time.
Must sign waiver. Children 10 years and older. All participants must be at least 4'6" in height and less than 6' and have no medical conditions. 48 hour cancellation/rescheduling notice required. Maximum Weight is 270 lbs.
Please wear swim suits with cover-up clothing and bring your own towels and sun lotion.
If you need to book air ticket, we recommend that you please book your air ticket after you receive confirmation email for your reservation within one to two business days from us.
Spring/Summer: wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. Fall/Winter: wear layered clothing in the winter to ensure comfort in the cold weather.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.