Summary of The Day: Join this St Petersburg tour to discover the gritty greats and strange sights of the 'burg - and make some new friends along the way! Visit the former homes of Lenin and Rasputin, sip on vodka in a bar filled with Soviet Air Force paraphernalia, find metro station art relics, and see a yard dedicated to the Wizard of Oz. Ahhhh Russia, don't go changing!
This is a historical St Petersburg tour with a twist - instead of stopping off at St Petersburg's many, many monuments, you'll go on a journey with new friends to the city's weirder sights to give you a healthy dose of real local life. After all, how often to you visit the famous landmarks in your own city? Join a local guide to see what make St Petersburg tick for the people that live there.
We begin this St Petersburg tour at the Vosstania Square metro station where we will embark on a discovery to find the last surviving image of Stalin, and the place where massive doors stand to shut off the station to make it a nuclear shelter. St Petersburg is full of these little oddities, only Noticeable with a local to point them out!
Next we will visit a local bar for a taste of the good stuff! We'll head to a traditional Soviet-style vodka room, where we'll enjoy a shot of chilled vodka washed down with an array of classic Russian vodka chasers. We'll get to know each other over a glass of Russia's most beloved tipple, giving you the chance to chat with a local and get social with your group.
After Savoring the taste of this traditional treat, your St Petersburg guide will lead you towards a long grey Soviet-style building where the nuclear submarines, “Red Octobers” were designed and where a monument dedicated to Russian submarines stands nearby.
After a short walk from the monument, we will view the house of one of Russia’s most mysterious men, Rasputin! Not only that, but nearby lies a small apartment that was once home to another of Russia’s infamous men in the 19th century, Vladimir Lenin. You'll have the opportunity to walk with your St Petersburg guide through the archways of nearby buildings, experiencing the darkness of the so-called “well-yards” where walls with windows stand just a few meters apart from each other, creating a darkness within. It might sound scary, but we can assure you this is a fascinating experience you won't want to miss. Plus, after getting to know each other over a few drinks beforehand, you certainly won't have to go through it alone!
Once we have escaped from the murkiness of well-yards we will see the splendid art nouveau facade of Baltiysky train station. After a short walk from there, we'll come to a yard dedicated to the Wizard of Oz, complete with paintings and sculptures from the fairytale’s characters, and even an Emerald Town playground. We told you we'd take you to some weird spots!
The St. Petersburg city tour ends next to Vladimirskaya metro station where we'll leave each other at the monument dedicated to Fyodor Dostoyevsky, one of the most famous Russian authors. Here you can either continue the adventure with your new friends in another bar, or your local guide will be happy to point you in the direction of your hotel.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
The trip allowed me to explore with the assistance of a knowledgable and friendly guide places I would not have been easily able to go by myself. I would strongly recommend this to other travellers who are interested in the history and cult...ure of the palaces of Russia.Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.