Summary of The Day: To say that St Petersburg is a feast for the eyes is a bit of an understatement. Correction - a huge understatement! This mighty Russian treasure is packed full of glorious architecture and has one of the most imposing cityscapes on Earth. This St Petersburg city tour takes you on a journey through the all of this and more, from a local perspective.
Start your St Petersburg tour from the Palace Square, which is dominated by the Winter Palace. After crossing the Neva River, stop at a favorite local spot from which you can enjoy panoramic views of the Palace Embankment with its renowned Hermitage Museum, and many prominent St Petersburg landmarks including St Isaac’s Cathedral, the Admiralty, and the Chamber of Curiosities.
With your local St Petersburg guide, you will pay a visit to the oldest structure in the city, and the site where the town of Peter started in 1703. The cathedral located here became the burial place of the Russian emperors, and members of their families, from Peter the Great onwards. A visit to the cathedral is optional here, but we'd say it's well worth taking a peek!
As we continue your historical St Petersburg tour, we'll pass the Summer Gardens and the Field of Mars on the way to the most famous church in St Petersburg. The church was built on the spot where the Russian emperor Alexander II was assassinated in 1881, and here your local guide will tell you the infamous story of how this historical event unfolded.
Continue along St Petersburg's busiest street, home to restaurants, theatres, museums, and ornate palaces of the ex-Russian aristocracy. Learn more about St Petersburg from a local perspective along the way, from your local guide.
Next, you'll pass the palace where the famous beef stroganoff dish was invented. The thought of food at this point might get your belly rumbling, but never fear, we'll stop for food here! We'll take a break for lunch in a typical Russian food joint. Why not try a traditional dish like borsch (soup), blinis (pancakes), or beef stroganoff?
After lunch, we continue our St Petersburg walking tour towards St Isaac’s Square to see its beautiful cathedral. Get the inside scoop behind the stunning archictural flourishes on this gorgeous building and how it has been used over the centuries.
Your St Petersburg tour ends at the St Isaac's Square. Be sure to stay on to take a look inside or perhaps to climb the spiral staircase to the top of the dome to enjoy a breathtaking view of the city.
Please arrive at the pick-up point at least 15 minutes early.
As we stop at a few cathedrals during this tour, we might encounter a few services along the way. If this happens, we'll find an alternative route for the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Our walking tour of St. Petersburg gave us a good orientation of the city. Our young guide, Alexander, was very informative and had us laughing quite a bit. The tour of the imperial palaces was very interesting. Our guide Sergei, a professi...onal singer, actually organized some of his colleagues in Pushkin to perform a song- just for us. The four-course Russian meal was indeed abundant and very tasty. Thank-you!Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.