Summary of The Day: Explore the sheriffs quarters where he and his wife lived adjacent to 72 prisoners. Guests can visit the male and female cells, maximum security area and see a large collection of used weapons.
Take a guided tour with our jailers. You will be CAPTIVATED with the jail, built by railroad magnate Henry Flagler, to resemble a fine hotel. Enjoy a guided tour through the sheriff's quarters where he and his family lived adjacent to 72 prisoners. Guests can visit the male and female cells, maximum-security area, the gallows which ended the lives of numerous criminals on this site, and a large collection of guns used in actual crimes!
Our deputies will share tales of justice and punishment when Florida was America's southernmost frontier. Meet the south's most feared sheriff, Joe Perry.
Operating Times: Daily
Daily from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. First tour at 9:00am.
Closed Christmas Day. Please arrive fifteen (15) minutes prior to the departure of the tour as all tours leave promptly..
Tours offered until 3:00pm on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.
Reservations are not required. Travelers without an e-Ticket voucher must go to the ticket booth location with invoice order number. There is free parking at the Authentic Old Jail.
Old Town, 167 San Marco Ave, St. Augustine , FL 32084
San Marco Avenue and San Carlos
All times are approximations. Please arrive at the boarding location 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.