Summary of The Day: Take on the diversity of Philly in the best way possible - local style! Begin your Philadelphia neighborhood tour on the ever-colorful South Street. Follow your local guide through the streets of the Bella Vista neighborhood for your first glimpse of some beautiful mosaics. We’ll swing by a historic deli, duck into a tempting bakery, and marvel at the sights, smells, and sounds of the famous Italian Market.
The market is the oldest and largest everyday open-air market in America, and you’ll soon understand why it is one of Philly’s must-see attractions. Tempt your taste buds as we wander past the myriad of local stores carrying everything from cheese, chocolate, spices, and olive oils, to the best bakeries, butcher shops, and produce stalls. We’ll take the time to mix with business owners and residents, taste some samples, and hear stories of early immigrants to the city. It was also here that Rocky ran through the streets on one of his famous training runs - feel free to recreate this scene yourself!
We'll continue this Philadelphia city tour with Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens, which showcases the mosaic art of Isaiah Zagar. This amazing place includes a fully mosaicked indoor gallery and a massive outdoor labyrinthine mosaic structure. Here your guide will fill you in on the local tales of this area, giving you the opportunity to ask them any questions you may have about this classic Philly spot.
From the Magic Gardens, we’ll either take a stroll or catch a local bus down Philly’s eclectic and dynamic South Street. Get your counter-culture fix here, and, in the spirit of being a bona fide local on South Street, you can make an appointment for your new Urban Adventures tattoo.
Finally, we take a peek into one of the country’s most historic neighborhoods, Queen Village, to soak in the character of this charming corner of Philadelphia. We finish the tour back on South Street for a chance to ask your local guide where you should eat, drink, and shop after the tour.
Ending point: Corner of 4th & South Streets, outside Jim’s Cheesesteaks.
A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable. Make sure to check the weather report for rain!
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.