Summary of The Day: Spend an afternoon like locals do. Explore Sofia’s fascinating and historical city center, taste Bulgarian sweets and indulge in some Bulgarian wine and meze - you know, all in a typical day for locals in Sofia!
Sofia is full of impressive sights, and your Sofia tour will start with your local guide showing you some of the most beautiful ones, including the National Theatre, King’s Palace, and the Presidency, before leading you to a favorite local cafe.
We’re pretty sure it’s time for a break, so we’ll stop here at the cafe to sample some Sofia food. This includes the world famous shopska salad, prepared with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese and spices. We’ll also taste a cup of traditional Bulgarian ayryan, a drink prepared from yogurt.
Our historical tour of Sofia will continue with some beautiful stops, including the Rotunda St. George, St. Nedelya Church, Banya Bashi Mosque and Sofia Synagogue. They are all situated near Small Jerusalem Square, so named because you can find very important monuments to three different religions within five minutes' walk of the square.
From there, it’ll be time for a visit to Central Sofia Market Hall, a building with more than a hundred years of history and architecture. Here, we’ll taste typical sweets like baklava and tolumbichki. On this Sofia food tour, you’ll also have the opportunity to buy fresh fruits or vegetables, and we may even have the chance to sample nuts or sausages.
Continuing with the truly local Sofia experience, we’ll catch a ride on the newest underground in Europe to get us to our final stop - a traditional, typical Bulgarian restaurant. Situated in four houses with a common garden, the restaurant’s architecture and furniture hail from the 19th century, and from four different parts of Bulgaria.
It’s fitting that this restaurant is where we’ll indulge in some fantastic Bulgarian wine along with meze, a local meat platter, filled with lukanka, babek, fillet Elena and pastarma.
Our Sofia tour ends here, but this restaurant is the perfect place to continue your Bulgarian food fest, with all sorts of fantastic Bulgarian dishes available for you to enjoy.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11
* Not available for children under 6.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please check in at the departure location 15 minutes before the tour begins.
You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.