Summary of The Day: Snowshoes allow you to walk across unbroken snow without sinking up to your waist. Its fun and easy.
An easy family experience with a short walk into a snowy gully on your snowshoes. Once there we have a range of fun activities based around play, shaping and using snow in all its forms. This requires a low level of fitness and is a shorter 4 hour return trip to Queenstown with your choice of morning or afternoon departures.
This makes it perfect for families and customers keen for the snow but uninterested in going for a long walk. We build several fun snow features which you can take a turn at enlarging and maintaining. Snow caves, igloo, carved tables and animals all turn up through the season.
What we provide:
- All transport to and from your Queenstown accommodation
- We include key items of clothing including waterproof Snowboots, overpants, jacket and gloves to ensure you are suitably dressed for your experience.
- Snowshoes - these go over your footwear so please wear sensible outdoor footwear, closed-toe trail shoes or hiking boots (preferably waterproof) and warm socks - check out the snowshoes that we use MSR Evo Ascent Snowshoes.
- Poles - adjustable length
- Morning or afternoon tea - including tea/coffee, cookies
- Friendly, knowledgeable and cheerful local guides
- Interpretative commentary of flora, fauna, history, geology and SNOW
- Day packs, boots, gortex and fleece jackets are available on loan
Please indicate the name and address of your hotel in the check-out page. In most cases you will be picked up ten minutes prior to the trip departure time.
Tour departs at 8:00am or 1:30pm from Queenstown Information Centre, 74 Shotover Street Queenstown 9300.
Tour includes approx. 2 hours on the snow.
Walking time: no more than 30 minutes.
Walking distance: less than a kilometer. A minimum level of fitness will ensure you enjoy your snowshoe trip.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 years of age and older
* Child: 5-14 years of age
* Child 3-4 years free of charge when accompanied by a paying adult.
* Children under the age of 3 are not permitted.
* Minimum two adults required to confirm a departure.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand Dollar (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
We use comfortable mini vans seating between 6 and 10 people for our transport, allowing you to sit back, relax and enjoy the views and entertaining narrative from your local guide.
Wear thermals and warm clothing plus bring hat, gloves and windproof outer jacket, sunglasses, camera and sunscreen. We have available for your use shell pants, jackets and gloves. A small backpack is often useful to carry an extra layer.
Strong walking boots are recommended for this trip. If you don’t have them please use our specialist snowboots. Wear a warm thick pair of socks.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.