Summary of The Day: The stunning landscapes of the peninsula have captured the imagination of people all over the world ever since Jules Verne wrote the famous science fiction novel “Journey to the Centre of the Earth” in which the amazing Snaefellsjokull Glacier is where the journey begins.
Our journey, on the other hand, will begin in Reykjavik as we depart for the Snaefellsnes Peninsula and explore this stunning landscape. This regions continues to inspire great works of art to this day, most recently when Ben Stiller filmed parts of his critically acclaimed blockbuster “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.” We'll have the chance to visit the filming locations as well as Snaefellsjokul Glacier and the charming village of Stykkisholmur.
Layered clothing is essential for all seasons in Iceland. Lightweight woolens, rain and windproof jacket and trousers, and good walking/hiking shoes are essential if you plan to do any hiking or other outdoor activities.
When traveling to Iceland in winter you should bring along a warm overcoat, hat, scarf, gloves, socks (preferably made of wool), as well a sweater and/or cardigan, and weatherproof shoes. Long thermal underwear (a shirt and pants), and a layer of fleece on top are also recommended.
Drop off after day tours may sometimes not be right in front of your hotel/guesthouse due to narrow streets and actual coach size used during the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.