Summary of The Day: Prepare yourself for the ultimate Jet Boating experience with Shotover Jet - the unique, breathtaking white water ride and adrenaline rush you’ll never forget.
From the moment the accelerator hits the floor, your adrenaline hits the roof. You’ll speed over 10cm deep water, along the famous Shotover River and deep into the spectacular Shotover River Canyons.
It’s an amazing white water ride, as the Shotover Canyon walls tower over you, your expert driver puts his state-of-the-art Big Red Jet Boat through its paces. At 85kph he’ll skillfully whip the powerful boat past rocky outcrops, skim around crags and boulders, and speed through the dramatic and narrow canyons. Rock faces blur in your peripheral vision and the water sprays into a myriad of white water crystals with every turn.
- Allow 1.5 hours Queenstown return, including 25 minutes on the water for your Jet Boat ride.
- 'Big Red' jet boats depart up to every 15 minutes, and operate every day (weather and river conditions permitting) except Christmas day.
- Complimentary shuttles depart Queenstown Information Centre (corner Camp and Shotover Streets) up to every 15 minutes.
- Self drive - located 6kms from Queenstown.
- 'Big Red' jet boats carry a maximum of 14 passengers: small boats - big thrills!
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* Children of 3 or 4 age are free of charge, if with a payment adult.
* Children younger than 3 years old are not permitted.
* Minimum child height of 1 meter applies which may be increased to 1.2m in some conditions.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand Dollar (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Professional Jet Boat Captain
Complimentary shuttle transfers from the ‘The Station’ Information Centre
Check in opens 30 minutes prior to trip departure.
You need to bring:
- Eyewear (sunglasses / glasses) recommended year round.
- Warm clothes, jacket, hat and gloves are strongly recommended in winter (although hand rails on the Jet Boats are heated).
- For safety reasons, the use of handheld personal cameras and video cameras are not permitted aboard the Jet Boats. Head mounted Go Pro's are the only hands free camera allowed.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.