Summary of The Day: Depart from London and make your way to William Shakespeare’s birthplace Stratford-upon-Avon, home to the Tudor thatched cottage and gardens of his wife, Anne Hathaway.
You will have time to explore the magnificent village of Stratford and enjoy lunch, before continuing to the World Heritage site of Ironbridge. Set in a stunning forested gorge on the River Severn, this historic valley boasts the world’s first ever iron bridge and a host of attractions to choose from. It was once described as the most extraordinary district in the world! From here you'll travel up to the historic medieval town of Chester, gateway to North Wales. where you'll spend the next 2 nights.
Summary of The Day: This morning your tour will take you into the heart of North Wales. You'll visit the medieval castle of Conwy, built by Edward I in the late 13th Century. You will also explore the impressive mountain scenery of the Snowdonia National Park including the huge Dinorwic slate quarries and the dramatic Pass of Llanberis in the shadows of Snowdon - Wales’ highest peak. You will return to Chester mid-afternoon and have some spare time to explore the ancient walls of Chester or perhaps the stunning cathedral with a history spanning almost 2000 years and a masterpiece of medieval architecture.
Summary of The Day: Immediately east of Chester lie the hills of the Peak District National Park with a mixture of stunning scenery and beautiful little villages. You will take a scenic route through the Park to the village of Castleton then in the afternoon you can visit the famous mansion house and gardens of Chatsworth (open April to December), home to the Cavendish family, Duke of Devonshire. Chatsworth is often named the UK’s favorite country house and a visit will reveal some of the finest collections of furniture, priceless paintings, Old Master drawings and neo-classical sculptures. From here you will travel east out of the hills to the wonderful historic city of Lincoln where you will spend the night.
Summary of The Day: Today starts with a leisurely morning giving you some free time to explore Lincoln city center and its rich history, that goes back to the time of the Romans. Visit the castle or cathedral, once the tallest building in the world! Shop at the Central Market or Steep Hill or just explore the historic city center streets.
After an early lunch its time to start the return journey south. On the way back to London you will make a stop at the famous University City of Cambridge with its ancient colleges, stunning architecture and medieval streets. See the world famous Kings College Chapel and take a stroll along the River Cam before arriving back in London around 7:00pm.
|USD $540.99||USD $592.64||USD $433.82|
|+USD $38.73||+USD $90.38||+USD $30.98|
* Child rate applies to children ages 5-15, based on 1 child sharing a room with parent(s) or 2 children in a twin room.|
* Children younger than 5 are not permitted on this tour.
* Group size: 16 maximum
* Prices for Single Occupancy apply when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
* Prices for Double Occupancy apply when two or more people stay in one standard hotel room. Please note that the number of guests staying in a double room is subject to change. Please quote the final schedule when booking.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.