Sepilok Orangutan Centre & Colonial Sandakan Day Tour
Summary of The Day: The day starts with an early morning pick up from Sandakan airport, or your hotel (8:30am) for transfer to the famous Sepilok Orangutan Centre. Founded in 1964 the centre helps once captive Orang-utans learn to climb and fend for themselves in the wild, with the hope that one day they may return to the forest.
Visitors will get a close-up view of these orangutans and have the chance to capture some great photographs of them. You can witness the feeding of the orphaned orangutans., walk along jungle trails on board walk, visit the information centre, see exhibits, and watch video presentation on the rehab of these remarkable primates.
After visiting the Sepilok Orang Utan Centre and lunch, we'll drive to the famed Agnes Keith’s house that has been restored to its former glory, and is now a museum. Learn about life in the colonial days for Agnes, and Harry Keith who was the first conservator of the Forestry Department in Sabah and was instrumental in the formation of Sepilok Orang Utan Centre.
Agnes Keith has written many books on early life in Sabah during her stay in this house before the war. Her books have since become part of Sabah’s history.
Head over to the nearby English Tea House and Restaurant for afternoon tea and scones, in the same setting as Agnes Keith’s days. Enjoy the tranquil surrounding and the spectacular view of Sandakan town or play a game of croquet. Stop by the Australian War Memorial before the transfer back to your hotel.
Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. Cotton T-shirts with long or short pants recommended. Sandals/Slippers recommended.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
Pick up is from the Sandakan airport or your hotel at 8:30am.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.